I’m pretty darned excited to introduce to you Travel Knits for the Family: Volume 1 – Into the Cold. I’ve been working on this book for well over a year now, and I’m so pleased to share it with you.
The book is filled with patterns for the whole family (or just you!) and the idea is that they are the items you need to pack whenever you are traveling somewhere cold. Or those things you always need on hand if you live somewhere cold, like me.
My family and I traveled extensively during our two years living abroad, visiting 14 countries on 3 continents. Over the course of all that traveling we became expert packers. After mis-packing a time or two we narrowed down the essentials that needed bringing every time. And then I realized that that list of essentials was a knitting collection* in the making.
*Actually, it’s two collections! Stay tuned for Volume 2 – Into the Sun.
So here I present to you: Men’s, women’s, and children’s sweaters, hats, mittens, slippers, and a travel knitting project (of course). The patterns are written for a wide range of sizes so everyone in the family should be covered. The garment patterns include schematics so you can adjust sizing as necessary. There are both charted and written instructions where applicable, and the book contains a handy Special Techniques section in the back with photo tutorials for your reference.
Over the next two weeks I will introduce each of the patterns on cowtownknits.com. I’ll share some travel stories along with each pattern here on the website. The book will officially launch on May 25th, coinciding with a launch party at The Loop here in Calgary. And if you happen to be heading to Woollinn in Dublin, the lovely Travelknitter will also have a small number of books available on her stand (along with the gorgeous BFL DK to make your Dublin cardi).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where can I buy the book?
- Travel Knits for the Family will be available from:
- online at Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, Amazon Europe
- online at the Cowtown Knits etsy shop here: https://etsy.me/2jOTlZT
- In person at the following stockists:
- The Loop Kensington (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- TravelKnitter’s stand at Woollinn, Dublin
- Stay tuned for further stockists to be added to the list
I’d like to carry Travel Knits for the Family in my store.
- Please contact email@example.com for information.
Will I get a digital copy if I buy the physical book?
- This depends on where you buy the book. All physical books purchased directly from the stockists listed above or from Cowtown Knits will include a single use digital download code. Due to printing limitations, those books purchased through Amazon.ca or Amazon.com will not have a code inside.
Can I buy just the digital copy of the book?
- Currently the book is only available for purchase as a physical book with a digital copy included.
Can I buy a single pattern from the book?
- No, it is not possible to purchase the single patterns at this time.
I am having trouble with a pattern in the book.
- Please send pattern support emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.